Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Time to Write


This may be a good time to write. Odds are that is a true statement. After all, when is it not a good time to write?

When I wake up night after night with thoughts bursting seemingly from every pore I know something is afoot. When I stop to realize that concurrent with this spike of energy and ideas I have not been blogging, it makes me a bit nervous. What’s going on that I have become so insular? How is this energy being captured? What feedback from the Universe am I missing or worse yet, have been avoiding?

So what’s up?

The Yesh Lab has been operating overtime. It is hard to believe that I’ve been out of corporate life over three months already and as is often the case, hard to believe that it is only three months. There is so much more I thought I would have accomplished by now, and at the same time I feel I am making steady progress toward the monumental task of creating a new post-corporate life.

Passover came and went in a blur. This year was very different with the kids all attending Seder at Jake and Alana’s table in New York. It’s heartwarming to know the ultimate purpose of Seder has been accomplished, i.e., the next generation is telling the story! God (by any definition) bless them. Their absence at our table prompted me to approach our Seder in a different fashion. I’d say more, and it seems strange to say this, but I’m working on something that I’d just as soon keep under wraps until it’s a bit more developed!

In the news: I bought three web domains. Why three? Why any?

The first one is ezune.org (with a diacritical long “e” mark above a lower case first “e” on the wordmark). Back in 1997, when I self-published my chapbook, Salt & Pepper, I noted inside that it was published by the Ezune Press. Ezune is a Hebrew word for “balance,” if nothing else a pun on the family name that we have stamped on the vanity plates of Debbie’s car. My personal web page, Yeshaya.net, is in dire need of a refresh. Rather than to remodel it, I thought to create a new site that had scalabilty to it—a name that could grow beyond just me. I’ve gone so far as to create a vision statement for an ēzune entity that so far, I’m thinking, will be based on furthering the Age-ing to Sage-ing work I am engaged in. Then, a couple of days ago, I popped out of bed with a different name in mind, and felt compelled to purchase zakane.com and zakane.org. Zakane is Hebrew for old, or an elder. I’ll let you know when there is anything to look at on one or more of these sites.

Elsewhere: For those who have been wondering how sustainable my new hobby of bread baking was for a guy who had spent most of the last year drastically reducing his weight and waistline—your greatest fears were realized as I painfully watched the numbers on the bathroom sale ascend. It was time for a reset. Passover both helped and hurt. There were a few days of holiday overindulgence. At the same time I prepared for a post-holiday cleanse that I am successfully in the midst of. I was inspired by a book that Nigel Savage recommended—If the Buddha Came to Dinner: How to Nourish Your Body to Awaken Your Spirit. For one week it was nothing but fruit and vegetables. This week I’ve added some seeds, grains, and nuts. Next week I’ll add some lean meat. Perhaps this selective infusion of nourishment accounts for some of the outpouring of energy I have been experiencing of late. Thankfully, the restricted diet and expanded consciousness has helped me drop a few pounds as well. We’ll see what the net effect of this will be on life after the cleanse.

I’ve come to that point in the message and in the early morning where it’s time to stick the landing. That’s harder to do when one writes an update versus a pointed essay. That leaves me with any number of famous and/or trite closing lines. Ta ta for now. And that’s the way it is. Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are. See you around the quad. And so it goes. All of the above. None of the above. (e) Not given.

No comments:

Post a Comment